TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Terms of Entry for Entrants:
I understand that by submitting this application, I have fully read and agree to comply completely with all rules and regulations of the Montgomery County Studio Tour.
WHEREAS , Artist is hosting an event known as 'Chester County Studio Tour' to occur at the Artist's studio on 09/23/2023, beginning at 10:00 am ending at 6:00 pm, and on 09/24/2023, beginning at 11:00 am ending at 5:00 pm (Event); and
WHEREAS, in return for the right to participate in the Event, Artist will pay CCST a License Fee.
NOW, THEREFORE for good and valuable consideration, CCST and Artist agree as follows:
1. Artist shall not vend any goods or services other than handmade original art during the Event without CCST's prior written consent.
2. In return for the payment of the Event Fee, Artist will receive a license to participate in the Event.
3. Artists and Guests will be an independent contractor, not an employee of the CCST.
4. Artist agrees that, during the term of one month before the Effective Date, he/ she will not engage directly or indirectly in competing open studio business events, or with any other business that can in any way be deemed a competitor of CCST.
5. Setup and cleanup for the Event at Artist's location shall be the responsibility of the Artist. Artist's vending property shall be clean and orderly; and shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
6. If Artist cancels their participation less than two months prior to the scheduled Event date, the License Fee and any Sublicense Fees paid is (are) non refundable.
7. As between Artist and Guest Artist and the CCST, neither shall be responsible to the other for consequential, indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages arising between the two contractual parties. Both Host and CCST will be responsible for direct damages caused to other arising out of this Agreement.
8. As to claims of third parties not signatories to this Agreement, Artist agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend CCST against any claims for personal injuries or property damage sustained by third parties (including those of Guests and Invitees) and arising directly or indirectly from the Event at Host Artist's location, excepting only third party personal injuries or property damage directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of CCST or its employees at the Host location. For purposes of this Agreement, 'Invitees' shall mean any members of the public not employed by CCST who attend the Event at Artist's location. Artist shall obtain insurance coverage of its indemnification, hold harmless and defense obligations under this Clause and shall remain personally liable to CCST if it fails to do so.
9. Except for the continuing obligations of Artist and CCST under Clauses 5, 6, 7 and 8 above, this Agreement shall terminate upon the Event closing.